We encourage students to explore their personal interests and expand their knowledge and skills in many different areas. There are many activities for students to get involved in for fun, and for life!
Students can attain points toward their ACT Senior Secondary Certificate through the following activities
recorded as ‘R Units’:
Sport and Recreation
Includes interschool sports such as Futsal, Netball, Beach Volleyball, Rugby League and AFL. Other sports and
recreation units include: Badminton, Golf, Sports Coaching and Weight Training.
Leadership & Personal Development
Includes Legal Workshop, Student Leadership, Youth leadership, AST Preparation, writing extension for bilingual students and public speaking.
Including Life Drawing and Photography.
Includes School Band, Dance Performance, Stage Production, Theatre Sound & Lighting, Drama Production, Song Writing and Music Technology.
Includes working in the school cafe, White Card & Asbestos Awareness training, Barista training, RSA, First Aid.
Extension programs & community activities
These include Debating, Young Achievers, Sustainability, mentoring for at-risk youth, Chemistry and CREST.
- Performing Arts productions are staged throughout the year
- School Jazz Band
- Hawker Tree Day – everybody plants a tree!
- Arts & Technology Festival
- WINGS – Women in Engineering & Computer Sciences Day
- Year 12 Formal
- Film nights & Gaming days
- Charity work and fundraising
- Visiting speakers, concerts and other performances are held at lunchtimes
- Extended excursions including local, interstate and overseas
- Debating Teams, Mock Court and Moot teams also compete in ACT inter-school competition
- Lions Youth of the Year and Model United Nations Assembly
Student wellbeing, interest and action groups
These groups are voluntary co-curricular programs driven by student action and interest. They help promote positive peer connections across the college community. In 2020 some of these include:
- Gaia – sustainability action group
- Rainbow Fusion – gender equity group
- Energize – spirituality group
- Board Games Club
- Sports Leadership Group
Extra-curricular fitness and training sessions with our PE team in our brand new Gym, which can win you points toward your Year 12 Certificate.
- Beach Volleyball
- Rugby League
- Lawn Bowls
- Touch Football
- Snowboarding & Skiing
- Track & Field
- Ten Pin Bowling
- Rugby League Girls
- Rugby Union
- Cross Country
- Mountain Biking
- Ultimate Frisbee
- Rock Climbing
- Table Tennis